Hello EBOP Community!
This communication contains a GREAT DEAL of information!
Highlands Ranch High School Performing Arts and by extension EBOP, saw a lot of change over the summer:
1. Due to reshuffling of administrative duties we have a new Activities Director who will oversee Performing Arts at HRHS – Mr. Kelly Corr (firstname.lastname@example.org). He is very excited to learn about and get involved with the amazing students and families that make up the EBOP community!
2. As you remember last December, we had a long-term substitute Band Director (Mr. Hinman) finish the 17-18 school year. We now have a new Band Director – Mr. Chris Rigolini who will also serve as the Band Director for EBOP. His bio and picture are below.
3. At the beginning of June, Mr. Woodworth (HRHS Orchestra/EBOP Director) announced he was moving with his family to Boulder, Colorado. We now have a new Orchestra Director – Mrs. Rebecca Jonas who will also serve as the Orchestra Director for EBOP. Her bio and picture are below.
4. The Douglas County School District made the change from the payment system “RevTrak” to “My School Bucks”. (As many of you are experiencing during the school registration process.) Unfortunately, the transition has not been a smooth one. We will continue to collect credit card payments online as soon as we get EBOP added to the new system. We respectfully request your patience regarding this issue. When we have the new payment information from My School Bucks, we will send it out to everyone.
Information still to be covered:
1. The new 2018-2019 Registration link/form
2. EBOP 2018-2019 Fee
3. VERY Important EBOP Class Changes, Details and Information
4. Our New Director’s Bios
1. The New 2018-2019 Registration Link/Form - We understand many of you may have already registered for EBOP 2018-2019 at the end of last school year. However, we must ask that you click on this link NEW EBOP 2018-2019 Registration and fill out a new registration form for this school year at your earliest convenience. We appreciate your patience and assistance as we get ready for the new year!
2. EBOP 2018-2019 Fee - Due to the magnitude of changes with EBOP Administrative Personnel, the registration fee will be $325.00 for all who register before the EBOP Instrument Rental Night on August 31st. Beginning September 1st the registration fee will increase to $350.00.
3. VERY IMPORTANT BEGINNING EBOP CLASS CHANGES - After careful evaluation of the enrollment numbers at each of the seven elementary schools and the increasing cost to provide quality instructors for Beginning EBOP, there will be some changes to a few of the elementary school’s classes.
a. Arrowwood Elementary, Cougar Run Elementary, Eagle Ridge Elementary, and Lone Tree Elementary will attend Beginning EBOP classes at Highlands Ranch High School. Beginning EBOP classes for BOTH Band and Orchestra will be at HRHS on Tuesday and Thursday from 7:15am to 8:10am and will ride a DCSD School Bus to their respective school afterwards. This format is the same as it was before last school year. At this time, the decision is based on enrollment numbers that do not support the cost of an instructor at each school. We will re-evaluate the enrollment for each school at the end of the 2018-2019 school year and if the opportunity is present to return Beginning EBOP to the elementary school, we will.
b. The following schools will remain at their elementary school, the same as last school year: Acres Green Elementary School – 7:40am to 8:30am/Band Mon.& Wed/Orchestra (Strings) Tues/Thurs, Fox Creek Elementary School – 7:30am to 8:20am/Band Tues & Fri/Orchestra (Strings) Mon/Wed, and Platte River Academy – 7:15am to 8:05am/Band & Orchestra (Strings) Mon/Wed.
c. ADVANCED EBOP WILL HAVE NO CHANGES
4. Our New Director’s Bios and Pictures- We are very proud to announce our new Band and Orchestra Directors who will lead EBOP moving forward.